Digging deeper into your relationships...
This e-book aims to help readers practice skills and acquire new tools to approach their relationships. Exercises and audio clips are used to help individuals navigate their relationships, starting with the most important one, the relationship with yourself.
This digital book is available to download with a suggested donation price of 18.00. Adobe Acrobat is required to access the audio clips, if you do not have that program not to worry! I will email you the audio files individually upon request.
Are You Highly Sensitive?
- I seem to be aware of subtleties in my environment T F
- Other people's moods affect me T F
- I tend to be very sensitive to pain T F
- I find myself needing to withdraw during busy days T F
- I am particularly sensitive to the effects of caffeine T F
- I am easily overwhelmed by things like bright lights, strong smells, coarse fabrics, or sirens close by T F
- I have a rich, complex inner life T F
- I am mad uncomfortable by loud noises T F
- I am deeply moved by the arts or music T F
- I am conscientious T F
- I startle easily T F
- I get rattled when I have a lot to do in a short amount of time T F
- I am aware when people are uncomfortable in a physical environment T F
- I am annoyed when people try to get me to do too many things at once T F
- I try hard to avoid making mistakes or forgetting things T F
- I make it a point to avoid violent movies and TV shows T F
- I become unpleasantly aroused when a lot is going on around me T F
- Being very hungry creates a strong reaction in me T F
- Changes in my life shake me up T F
- I notice and enjoy delicate or fine scents, tastes, sounds, or works of art T F
- I make it a high priority to avoid upsetting or overwhelming situations T F
- When I must compete or be observed while performing a task, I become so nervous or shaky that I do much worse than I would otherwise T F
- When I was a child, my parents or teachers seemed to see me as sensitive or shy T F
If you answered true to twelve or more of these questions, you're probably highly sensitive. Yet, no psychological test is so accurate that you should base your life on it. You may have found a few to be extremely true, and some not true at all. You need to feel your way though because it is you who will know whether you are highly sensitive or not!
This quiz is adapted from the works of Elaine Aron, Ph.D.
Aron, E. (2016). The Highly Sensitive Person. Harmony: New York